Berkshire West Your Way is part of the Together organisation, a national charity that works alongside people with mental health issues on their journey towards independent and fulfilling lives. We are seeking people to join our team of Peer Support volunteers.
As a peer support volunteer, you would use your lived experience of mental distress as a way to connect with and support others on their recovery journey.
What you might do as a Peer Support Volunteer…
- 1-2-1 sessions with service users
- Co-facilitate Self-Management Groups
- Support with delivering training
- Help with peer support interviews
- Promote Berkshire West Your Way services in the local community.
Skills and qualities – we are looking for people who are friendly and comfortable about sharing their mental health experiences and able to contribute to being part of the Peer Support team. It’s important that our peer supporters are non-judgemental and open minded with a willingness to learn and a commitment to their own development and wellbeing.
This role offers peer support training and a supportive environment with regular supervision and training opportunities.
What our Peer Supporters say they get from the role….
- It helps build confidence
- Keeps me well by having somewhere to be
- It’s good to use my difficult experiences for something positive
- It’s good to feel part of a team
- It’s useful to add to my CV and help with gaining employment
Read more about Berkshire West Your Way