We are looking for people who are friendly and comfortable about sharing their mental health experiences and able to contribute to being part of the Peer Support team at Reading Your Way. It is important that our peer supporters are non-judgemental and open minded with a willingness to learn and a commitment to their own personal development and wellbeing.
What you might do as a Peer Supporter:
– 1-2-1 sessions with clients
– co-facilitate peer support groups
– support with delivering peer support training
– facilitate social meet ups
– help with interviewing
– outreach to promote RYW services in the community
The role offers:
– Free 4 day Peer Support Training Course
– an encouraging and supportive environment
– regular supervision and team meetings
– personal development opportunities through training
– variety of opportunities to be involved at all levels within the organisation.
What our Peer Supporters tell us they get from the role:
– It helps to build confidence
– Keeps me well by having somewhere to be and something to do
– It’s good to use my difficult experiences for something positive
– It’s great to add to my CV
Does this sound interesting?
Would you like to find out more?
Perhaps you are ready to apply!
Applications are being taken now and up to 20th October 2017.
The four day training course starts on 3/10/17/24 November
Other opportunities with Reading Your Way
Read more about Reading Your Way