We are seeking volunteers who can use their lived experience of mental distress as a way to connect with and support others on their recovery journey.
What you might do as a Peer Supporter
– 121 support sessions with clients
– Facilitate social meet-ups
– Co-facilitate Peer Support Groups
– Help with interviewing
– Support delivering training
– Promote RYW Services in the community
Personal Skills and Qualities
We’re looking for people who are friendly and comfortable about sharing their mental health experiences and able to contribute to being part of the Peer Support team here at Reading Your Way. It’s important that our Peer Supporters are non-judgemental and open minded with a willingness to learn and a commitment to their own development and wellbeing.
What this role can offer
– Free 4 day Peer Support Training Course
– An encouraging and supportive environment
– Regular supervision and team meetings
– On-going training and development
What our Peer Supporters tell us they get from the role….
-It helps to build confidence
-Keeps me well by having somewhere to be & something to do
-It’s good to use my difficult experiences for something positive
-It’s good to feel part of a team
-It’s great to add to my CV
Read more about Berkshire West Your Way