We are recruiting Volunteer Coordinators to develop and coordinate activities and social clubs for older people to attend in your area.
A Volunteer Coordinator could be one person leading the way, or you might want to help run a group with others as part of a team. Each group will vary greatly and provide activities ranging from dining clubs, art groups, or exercise sessions – to gardening clubs, music or relaxed coffee and cake mornings – it’s really up to you.
A club/group could be just about anything – it could even be based around a hobby or skill of your own that you would love to share. But the one thing these groups will all have in common is they are driven and supported by people like you: people with a passion for enriching the lives of older people to give them better choices within their own community.
So what can Royal Voluntary Service help me to do?
• Set up and run regular fun enjoyable activities with other like minded volunteers or groups of people.
• Build and maintain relationships with others in your local community.
• Help to organise and coordinate a team of volunteers to support you, and other group members to make the group work.
• Be involved with a variety of older people that will participate in the activities
• Carry out some telephone, admin and some IT duties, or be able to delegate to specific volunteers.
• Champion the safety of the volunteers and service users through encouraging completion of training and following straightforward policies and procedures
What are the benefits for you?
• The enjoyment of helping to provide a service which improves the quality of life for older people in your local community.
• Gaining new skills and sharing your knowledge & interests with other likeminded people.
• Influencing and changing views of how older people are viewed within your community.
• Developing friendships and new connections with other volunteers and across the whole of Royal Voluntary Service
• Being part of a team within the Royal Voluntary Service, to help older people live longer, happier, healthier lives.
• You will be supported by an experienced employee to help you and your group get up and running.
• We have 24/7 online support available through our Volunteer Co-ordinator Portal
• Our Volunteer Co-ordinator’s Support telephone helpline is available during the working week, when you may need to chat to someone further down the line to help your group remain vibrant and sustainable.
Other opportunities with Royal Voluntary Service Reading
Read more about Royal Voluntary Service Reading