Can you offer a friendly welcome and a listening ear to those attending our job club?
Learning support / Mentoring volunteer needed for Salvation Army Reading Central in RG1
Employment Plus Local is a church-led initiative providing a local centre where people experiencing unemployment can find information and guidance on their journey into employment within a supportive environment. We seek to provide a bridge between people affected by unemployment and the local labour market.
We are seeking a volunteer to provide a welcoming environment for individuals who visit Employment Plus Locals
Tasks will include:
- Welcoming clients into the Employment Plus Local and offering a listening ear
- providing clients with tea, coffee and refreshments
- setting up chairs and tables, signage etc, and clearing away at the end of the session
- promoting Job Clubs in the local community
- feeding back good news stories to the Employment Plus team
- undertaking maintenance/administrative tasks as appropriate.
- Interest in Salvation Army’s work
- ability to keep confidences
- good listening and empathy skills
Location address line 1
114 Castle Street
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Additional timing details
The volunteering session is to cover a 90 minute course, with some prep time before and afterwards.
Learning support / Mentoring
Will suit someone like this:
Prefers a specific rolePrefers a regular scheduleSelf organised/motivatedGood sense of humourSociablePatientSupportive
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Salvation Army basic volunteer training via I-Learn portal or at a training day, Employment Plus Local induction
Description of support
Regular supervision. On site support. Working as part of a team
Description of expenses
Any reasonable travel expenses.
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
9 October 2018
Other opportunities with Salvation Army Reading Central