We are keen to recruit a trustee with a finance/accounting background.
We are a well established charity, having been in the Reading area for over 40 years. We help disabled and non-disabled people share experiences and socialise, and offer activities designed for all abilities. The purpose-built Berkshire Phab centre opens four days a week as a drop-in club for adults, and every Saturday for young people in our youth club.
You will join a newly extended board supporting this well-established and sustainable charity that provides an excellent service to disabled users from Reading, West Berkshire, Wokingham and South Oxfordshire.
You will be helping to set the strategic direction of the charity, as well as the following tasks below:
- reconciliation and oversight of bookkeeping
- procurement processes and capital purchasing
- ensuring that staff are paid appropriately
- budgeting and forecasting annual spend
- managing relationship with accountants (3rd Party)
- provision of financial reporting to the board of trustees
- ensuring that applicable taxes are paid appropriately
If you choose to become a trustee you will be expected to serve a term of 1-2 years.
Other opportunities with Berkshire PHAB Centre
Read more about Berkshire PHAB Centre