FUNDRAISING AND SMALL GRANT APPLICATIONS –
– Are you keen to get experience of fundraising and local grant applications?
– Do you have other ideas you could make happen for fundraising for us?
– Do you want to support the empowering of vulnerable people to have a proper say in the services they receive?
We are looking for volunteers who have an interest in fundraising and making small-scale grant applications..
We are looking for someone enthusiastic, self motivated, and able to work on their own and as part of a team to:-
• Research on the internet and contact local supermarkets, recycling schemes and other grant-giving bodies to establish which we’d be eligible to apply for
• Fill in the forms for grant applications with input from the team.
• Raise donations of vouchers from local organisations for prizes for an Art Competition/Exhibition for people with disabilities which we are planning for Sprint 2019
• Act on other agreed fundraising ideas that you have for seAp in Berkshire.
You can help us raise funds so we can extend the Advocacy we offer
– to those having difficulty with applications for welfare and disability benefits,
And – to people who are homeless.
Also, to develop our Advocacy service to military and ex-military personnel.
And our self-advocacy group for adults with a learning disability in Bracknell
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR / TIME COMMITMENT
We need for someone who can dedicate at least half a day a week to work on researching and writing applications for grants and other fundraising.
You will have excellent written English, be organised and self-motivated, and able both to work alone and as part of a team.
PRACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS / LOCATION
This opportunity is mostly based at home with some meetings locally or elsewhere in Berkshire. You will receive induction and support from the volunteer organiser, and any necessary training. You will need access to the internet at home, or readily elsewhere.
BENEFITS TO VOLUNTEER
You would be part of a respected national charity which empowers vulnerable people to have an effective say in the services they are receiving. Our vision is that anyone who needs an advocate should get one, and you can be part of us striving to achieve that in Berkshire.
If you bring us your transferable skills, enthusiasm and some time, you will learn about advocacy and the need for it, gain some valuable experience in fundraising and administration, and have the satisfaction of making a difference.
Other opportunities with SEAP Advocacy
Read more about SEAP Advocacy