We are looking for a Treasurer to sit on the Trustees Committee who is well organised, has good communication skills and knowledge and experience of current financial practice relevant to voluntary organisations. We are looking for someone with knowledge of book-keeping and previous experience in financial control, budgeting and fundraising, as well as good financial analysis skills and an ability to keep accurate records. The Treasurer will be responsible for ensuring the charity fulfils its duties and responsibilities for its proper financial governance.
They will need to:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the League of Friends of Reading Hospitals and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within an accepted accounting practice.
- Have a working knowledge of Sage Accountancy System
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Prepare and submit the Annual Return and Annual Report to the Charity Commission.
- Deal with annual audits and liaise with the auditors.
- Monitor and regularly report the financial status of the organisation at Committee Meetings.
- Appraise the financial viability of plans and proposals for Hospital Giving Project applications and ensure funding is provided once agreed.
- Present accounts (including income/expenditure, cash flow, and fundraising) and update members at the Committee meetings.
- Act as one of the signatories for the League of Friends bank account and ensure proper records are kept and financial procedures/controls are in place for cheque signatories, purchasing limits, purchasing systems, petty cash/float and other expenditure.
- Oversee financial management of retail units and ensure proper procedures are in place and regularly monitored, for example, payroll, pensions, purchase of new items and payment to suppliers.
- Complete VAT returns.
- Regularly attend Committee meetings.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or if you require further information.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Other opportunities with League of Friends of the Royal Berkshire Hospital
Read more about League of Friends of the Royal Berkshire Hospital