Shop Assistant Volunteers provide a warm and friendly welcome to all visitors to Basildon Park, providing information about the property to ensure enjoyable visits for all.
The Trust’s shops are managed by its trading company, National Trust Enterprises Ltd. The profits generated by National Trust shops are used to support the work of the registered charity. Visitor Enjoyment Volunteers have an important role to play in the smooth running of National Trust shops.
What’s in it for you?
• Sharing your love of National Trust and Basildon Park with a wide range of people
• Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
• Being part of a small friendly and dedicated team
• Providing a warm, friendly welcome to all visitors as the public face of the National Trust.
• Ensuring that the shop is clean and tidy at all times
• Assisting in the receipt, checking, pricing and display of goods at all times
• Selling goods to the public, including use of till
• Maintaining the security of goods within the shop
• Attend stable yard briefing meeting at the beginning of each session
• Observing all prescribed financial systems and procedures
• Dealing with enquiries from visitors relating to Basildon and to the work of the National Trust in general
• To assist serving hot drinks and other refreshments as required
• Help on delivery days with checking, unpacking and pricing new stock
Other opportunities with Basildon Park (National Trust)
Read more about Basildon Park (National Trust)