We are seeking Volunteer Room Guides to share their enthusiasm for the property with our visitors helping them to enjoy and learn more about Basildon Park. Room Guides play a key role in making visits inspiring and engaging experiences.
Volunteer Room Guides also help to protect the health and safety of visitors, and play a part in safeguarding the property and its collection.
They are passionate about sharing their love of Basildon Park and the National Trust’s role in caring for it with our visitors.
• Providing a warm, friendly welcome to all visitors as the public face of the National Trust.
• Help visitors to discover more about Basildon Park by answering questions in a concise and friendly manner.
• Be aware of and uphold the National Trusts policy of the conservation of historic properties and their contents. Lead by example to encourage supporters to do the same when visiting Basildon Park.
• Support security procedures in order to prevent theft and malicious damage.
• Dealing with enquiries from visitors about Basildon Park and the work of the National Trust.
• Follow National Trust procedure for the safe and calm evacuation of visitors in an emergency.
• Becoming familiar with and then following the National Trust’s Health and Safety Policy at all times.
What’s in it for you?
• Sharing your love of National Trust with a wide range of people
• Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
• Enjoying the history of Basildon Park with visitors
This role will suit people who have an enthusiastic and friendly manner and enjoy meeting people. They should be enthusiastic about the National Trust and Basildon Park. Good communication skills and an ability to listen will help you connect with your audience and pitch the information you pass on to our visitors to the right level.
Find out more about volunteering with us, come along to our next Volunteer Recruitment Open Day 9 January 2017
Other opportunities with Basildon Park (National Trust)
Read more about Basildon Park (National Trust)