Healthwatch Reading is seeking a volunteer writer to put together articles for our websites. Ideally, we’d like someone who can pop into our central Reading office for between 3-6 hours during the hours 10am-4pm, on the same day each week.
Working under the supervision of our team manager, you’ll write about:
- opportunities for Reading people to have their say about NHS and care services
- quality ratings given to local GPs, care homes and other NHS and care services
- national or local guidance for the public on how to access health or social care
- any changes to local NHS or social care services
You will usually be given source material to write from (and you don’t need to interview people for the articles you’re writing. There are future opportunities to attend and write up public meetings and/or be trained to upload articles and images direct to our websites.
We need a volunteer with:
- good writing skills, who can convey information in an appealing, concise way to the general public
- attention to detail, to ensure our articles are accurate and fair
- the ability to use the Internet to research any extra information required
- the willingness to accept editing of any articles to ensure they comply with our brand guidelines, charity values and statutory remit
- the willingness to follow our policies, including those covering confidentiality and information governance
Find out more and download an application form at: https://healthwatchreading.co.uk/work-us
Read more about Healthwatch Reading