Copy writer & Content Organiser
Why we need you
Every year, many thousands of children in the UK are diagnosed with a critical illness and every year more children turn to us for a wish. We are now calling on our communities to get involved and this is where you come in….
We are looking for someone who has excellent copy writing skills who can support in the writing, organising and creating of resources for our volunteers to use in the roles that they hold locally. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone with writing experience to use their skills to produce meaningful content that will support the granting of wishes.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be familiarising yourself with the wishgranting processes of specific types of wishes, through discussing with Wishgranters
- Using this knowledge you’ll be creating volunteer handbooks which reflects the process – and communicating this in a clear and engaging format
- Preparing slides that support induction content
- Reviewing our volunteer Intranet with a view to archiving and re-organising content
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Experience of copy writing and ability to organise content
- Highly organised and structured approach to work
- Ability to follow brand guidelines and interpret
- Good IT skills, and a working knowledge / experience of using WordPress
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative
- Experience of carrying out tasks within a team environment but also have the ability to be self-motivated
- Commitment to personal behaviour which supports Make-A-Wish values
How much time do I need to commit?
We’re ideally looking for a commitment of 2-3 half days per week, hours are flexible. We’re looking for someone to start in January for a minimum of 2 months, however there is the potential for this role to be extended.
What support will I be given?
- Online Volunteer Welcome Induction about Make-A-Wish
- Guidance and/or training specific to your role
- Support and guidance from the team at the Hub, Reading
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses
- You will be kept up to date with the latest Make-A-Wish news and information
What will I get from volunteering?
- Become part of the Make-A-Wish team
- The opportunity to work flexibly around your current commitments
- Lots of peer support and collaboration along the way
- Develop office experience for your CV
- The satisfaction in knowing you’re making a real difference to the lives of seriously ill children and young people
Where will I be based?
You’ll be based at our Hub in Reading.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested where required.
Make-A-Wish is committed to attracting and recruiting diverse candidates as it’s important that our trustees, employees, ambassadors and volunteers reflect the communities we serve at every level within the organisation.
Read more about Make-A-Wish