Volunteer Hospital Therapy Gardener at Prospect Park Hospital
Prospect Park Hospital provide in-patient rehabilitation healthcare and rehabilitative care. With volunteer help we hope to be able to provide a pleasant environment to be enjoyed by our patients, service users and staff alike.
Having a beautiful garden really can work wonders for mind, body and soul.
This role involves:
- Establish a therapy/sensory garden
- Garden maintenance e.g. Digging ground over/preparing it ready for planting, sewing seeds (flowers and vegetables)
- Weed management, planting – everyday gardening activity
- Helping therapy staff develop their knowledge to provide gardening based interventions for patients
- Depending on your choice, there may be some direct patient contact
We require volunteers, working in pairs for a few hours morning or afternoon, any weekday
Other opportunities with Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Help patients strengthen core stability!
- Do you have a friendly, cheerful disposition with good communication skills? Help us gather feedback from patients visiting our clinic
- Could you be the first point of contact for parents visiting our Baby Well Clinic at Anstey Road?
- Could you be the first point of contact for parents visiting our Baby Well Clinic at Raniket School?
Read more about Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust