The trustees of the centre are looking for a positive and conscientious Treasurer to help them understand, monitor and plan their finances, ensuring that effective financial systems and procedures have been established, are being consistently followed and are in line with best practice and legal requirements.
• Experienced finance professional, preferably qualified.
• Logical thinker able to understand complex information.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Analytical, numerate and high attention to detail.
• Objective, rational and decisive.
• Calm, positive and effective communicator.
• Able to present financial information in an easily understandable way.
• Sensitive to the challenges of working in a small charitable organisation.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1) General financial oversight
• Oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements to the management committee.
• Assists board members in their understanding of the organisation’s finances enabling them to make well-informed financial decisions.
2) Funding, fundraising and sales
• Advise on the organisation’s fundraising strategy.
• Ensure use of funds complies with conditions set by funding bodies.
• Ensure fundraising and sales complies with relevant legislation and is bound by effective financial systems and controls.
3) Financial planning and budgeting
• Prepare and present budgets for new or ongoing work.
• Advise on financial implications of strategic and operational plans.
4) Financial reporting
• Present regular reports on the organisation’s financial position.
• Present accounts at the AGM.
5) Banking, book-keeping and record-keeping
• Liaising with our bookkeeper as required ensuring the appropriate systems are in place for book-keeping, payments, lodgements & petty cash.
6) Control of fixed assets and stock
• Ensure proper records are kept.
• Ensure required insurances are in place.
Read more about Rising Sun Arts Centre