Age UK Berkshire is an independent local charity part of the Age UK Brand. We provide integrated health and wellbeing services for older people across Berkshire. We believe that everyone can love later life – we do this by inspiring, supporting and enabling in a number of ways.
We are currently seeking an Honorary Treasurer to sit on our skilled Trustee board for our countywide charity.
The Honorary Treasurer will contribute to our overall financial skills and management, have extensive knowledge of accountancy and financial management, be able to constructively challenge and actively deliver best practice. We would expect management skills at a senior level, an understanding of the needs of older people in Berkshire, knowledge of strategy and great communication skills.
Board members are expected to attend around 5-6 meetings a year, which last 2-3 hours and are currently held in the afternoons. In addition, trustees act as advisers to staff leads on specific projects related to their areas of special expertise and represent our charity at events and meetings.
Trustees are required to confirm their eligibility to be a Director under UK Charity and Company law.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Green fingered? Sociable and caring? This could be the role for you!
- Help us enable older people to make active, informed choices about their lives
- Provide a warm welcome to members of our singing group
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
- Could you help an older person manage their financial affairs?
Read more about Age UK Berkshire