Age UK Reading provides front line services for vulnerable and elderly people in the Reading Area including social clubs, a befriending service, foot care, reminiscence and information and advice for our client group and their families.
We are currently looking for a volunteer to help organise and run activity sessions at our Lively Living Activity Lunch and Social Clubs. Activities could include group singing (with our Sing For Your Life machine), boccia, play your cards right, and more. Age UK has all equipment and full training will be provided.
- Run fun engaging sessions for our groups of older people, using equipment which will be provided
- Liaise with the Day Services Assistants at the clubs.
- Attend various clubs around Reading once a fortnight (flexible)
- Help to research and develop a programme of interesting activities for the older people who attend our clubs
Would suit someone who:
- can be organised and lead group activities.
- wants to have fun and help others have fun.
- likes to get out and about.
- has an interest in helping older people live a full life.
- would like to be part of a team.
- wants to contribute to a great local charity.
This role will be ideal for someone who has experience of running events and activities and is happy to get involved in singing along with our clients. You will need to be PC literate to the point of being comfortable using email.
We would need an ongoing commitment of at least once a fortnight, at various clubs with each session lasting approximately 1 hour. Also some time to be spent researching other activities and planning an activities programme to be rolled out across all our clubs
Other opportunities with Age UK Reading
- Put your imagination, creativity and energy to good use
- Join our lunch club team
- Help us make our Weirside Club a comfortable and welcoming place to visit
- Provide friendship and support to improve the quality of life for older people
- Have a huge positive impact on someone’s life by just picking up the phone
- Friendly helpers needed for our Chimneys Club
- Help older people keep on-top of their garden
- Help needed at our Cedar Court lunch club
- Help us make our Cedars Happy Prospects Saturday club a comfortable and welcoming place to visit
Read more about Age UK Reading