The purpose of Me2 Club is to tackle the social isolation and loneliness caused by exclusion from mainstream leisure activities. Working with our trained volunteers we transform the lives of children with disabilities and their families, ensuring ‘Inclusion for All.’
We often get invited to take part in local community events, such as fetes and fairs, but sadly we don’t always have the capacity to attend them all. Events like these offer us a chance to raise the vital funds we need, as well as a platform to talk to the public about the great work that we do. Not being able to attend them all means that sometimes we have to miss out on great opportunities and we want to try and make sure this doesn’t happen in the future.
We are looking for Volunteers to attend or run events on our behalf throughout the year. Our busiest times are during the summer months and in the run up to Christmas, but there are events in our calendar all year round. We have opportunities throughout Reading and Wokingham Borough.
Events usually take place on a Saturday or Sunday, and they tend to last for a few hours, so you would need to be available to volunteer at weekends to make the most of this opportunity. We know how busy life can be though, so don’t worry – we will give you plenty of notice about upcoming events and there is no expectation for you to be available for all of them.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to meet new people and become part of a dedicated and motivated team
- The satisfaction that you are helping Me2 Club to raise the money it needs to support children and young people across Reading and Wokingham each year
- A chance to develop new and existing skills in areas such as communication and fundraising
- A dedicated member of our staff team will be available to give ongoing advice, support and guidance
- Volunteers can claim reasonable, previously agreed, travel expenses.
Due to the nature of this role it will be necessary to take up references and undergo a DBS check
Other opportunities with Me2 Club
Read more about Me2 Club