Fun Fundraising events Volunteer
Age UK Reading provides front line services for vulnerable and elderly people in the Reading Area including lunch clubs, a befriending service, foot care, reminiscence and information and advice for our client group and their families. We are working to build an enthusiastic team of volunteers to help promote the great work we do both internally and externally at various locations across the town.
- Running fun fundraising events in the community on behalf of Age UK Reading.
- Promoting our services.
- Using your imagination, creativity and energy to think of fresh ideas and carry them through.
- Engaging with the people of Reading.
- Bringing questions and requests for information back into the organisation.
Essential Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to get around town
- Computer literate for basic
- Emailing using attachments.
- Great customer service skills
- Good communicator.
- Able to handle cash and keep records.
Desirable Knowledge and skills:
- Good knowledge of what’s on in Reading
- Knowledge of Age UK
- Experience of running fundraising events.
Outgoing, people focussed individual with good customer service skills and a desire to help older people within the town. Someone who wants an ongoing but infrequent role. Someone with loads of energy and creativity who likes to own a project.
Volunteers will be invited to regular organisational meetings
Other opportunities with Age UK Reading
- Help us make our Weirside Club a comfortable and welcoming place to visit
- Join our lunch club team
- Have a huge positive impact on someone’s life by just picking up the phone
- Provide friendship and support to improve the quality of life for older people
- Friendly helpers needed for our Chimneys Club
- Help older people keep on-top of their garden
- Help us make our Cedars Happy Prospects Saturday club a comfortable and welcoming place to visit
- Help needed at our Cedar Court lunch club
Read more about Age UK Reading