Sanctuary Hosting matches homeless asylum seekers, refugees and vulnerable migrants to people with spare rooms who are prepared to have someone to stay with them rent free, for a predefined period of time, whilst the individual is receiving support to explore routes out of destitution.
Volunteer guest support workers provide practical support to guests within the hosting scheme, serving as a main contact. The guest support worker attends meetings relating to their hosting placement with the guest. During the placement, the guest support worker makes weekly check-in contact, e.g. phone calls or text message and meets with the guest in person at least once per month. The support worker’s role is to support the guest to access services as needed and report to the Service Manager any issues that might arise within the hosting placement.
What we are looking for:
You need to have good interpersonal, diplomacy, communication and teamwork skills, although full training will be given for any technical requirements. Also someone who is:
- empathetic about the situation and needs of refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerable migrants
- an excellent communicator with proven listening skills, including good level of spoken and written English
- personally resilient and able to work appropriately with vulnerable people in difficult or challenging situation both face-to-face and over the telephone
- able to use emotional support skills in a calm and responsible manner
- aware of conflict and migration issues and sensitive to cultural issues, including those relating to gender
- able to involve the Sanctuary Hosting service user in decision-making, acting in their best interests at all times
- willing to adhere to Sanctuary Hosting’s policies and procedures
- able to uphold confidentiality
- willing to undertake a criminal record check to the appropriate level
Other opportunities with Sanctuary Hosting
Read more about Sanctuary Hosting