Not everyone is fortunate enough to have friendship, social inclusion and the support that goes with it.
The Age UK Reading befriending service aims to improve the quality of life for older people who live in the Reading area.
Volunteers provide friendship and support by regular home visits or telephone calls.
Other opportunities with Age UK Reading
- Join our lunch club team
- Help us make our Weirside Club a comfortable and welcoming place to visit
- Have a huge positive impact on someone’s life by just picking up the phone
- Friendly helpers needed for our Chimneys Club
- Help older people keep on-top of their garden
- Help needed at our Cedar Court lunch club
- Help us make our Cedars Happy Prospects Saturday club a comfortable and welcoming place to visit
- Run fun engaging sessions for our groups of older people
- Put your imagination, creativity and energy to good use
Read more about Age UK Reading