Volunteer support for Age UK singing group in Tilehurst
This is an active group of up to 70 over-50s who enjoy meeting and singing together. A volunteer is needed to help out every week.
– Assist with the setup of the hall where the activity takes place
– Welcome participants
– Take the register and collect session fees
– Help new people to settle in
– Ensure participants are comfortable and safe during the session – providing access to water, making sure that they are not too hot/cold, etc
– Alert the instructor to any concerns you may have about participants
– Provide refreshments after the session (teas/coffees)
– Clear away after the session, leave the hall clean, tidy and secure
Volunteers are welcome to participate free of charge when not occupied with their duties.
You will need to be:
– Kind, caring and friendly
– Organised and reliable
– Able to work as part of a team, but also unsupervised at times
– Sociable and a good communicator
– Prepared to commit to attend regularly, and give as much notice as possible if you are unable to attend so that cover can be arranged
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Make a real difference to older people staying in hospital over the winter period
- Looking for Urdu speaking volunteers to visit older people in Reading
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Could you help an older person manage their financial affairs?
Read more about Age UK Berkshire