We are seeking volunteers to answer phone calls and emails to our helpline and email Inbox.
Duties will include:
- Answering all calls that come into the charity’s helpline, providing a listening ear for parents/carers who have a child with special or additional needs.
- Entering confidential data about parent/carers or professionals who contact the charity onto the charity’s Client Relationship Management system (CRM) Chrity Log.
- Maintaining helpline emails, providing appropriate information/signposting and record keeping via Charity Log
- To assess the information needs of callers and provide appropriate information and signposting
- Making decisions in collaboration with the Coordinator about who in the charity is best placed to help the parent/carer or the professional based on the information received (triage).
- To help develop and maintain the directory of local and national support services and organisations for the benefit of families with children with special and additional needs.
- Assisting parent/carers to complete PSC’s registration form over the phone if needed.
- Other administration tasks as requested by one of the Service Co-ordinators or the CEO. Examples: photocopying or shredding documents.
Contact person firstname
Jennie Kettell , Helpline Manager
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
0118 986 3532
Email is the best way to get in touch or via the office phone on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9;30am - 2:30pm
Location address line 1
11 Glebe Rd
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Will suit someone like this:
Prefers a specific rolePrefers a regular scheduleSelf organised/motivatedHappy to work soloKeen learnerDecisiveFollowerSociablePatientSupportiveCommunicatorEmotionally robust
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
Training provided by the Helpline Manager
Is support given?
Description of support
Supported provided by the Helpline Manager or one of the Service Co-ordinators whenever the Helpline Assistants are in the office
Are expenses paid?
Description of expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
3 July 2017
Other opportunities with Parenting Special Children
Read more about Parenting Special Children