Age UK Berkshire is recruiting volunteers to offer support to the Royal Berkshire Hospital over their busy winter period.
Volunteers will visit older people on the wards to chat and socialise with them.
The project will run from January to April 2020 and volunteers will cover support 7 days a week 2-5pm.
As it’s a hospital environment there is some form-filling (including a health assessment) and brief training to be completed before you get started (this will take place in December/early January for about 2-3 hours).
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to older people staying in hospital over the winter period.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Looking for Urdu speaking volunteers to visit older people in Reading
- Provide a warm welcome to members of our singing group
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Could you help an older person manage their financial affairs?
- Green fingered? Sociable and caring? This could be the role for you!
Read more about Age UK Berkshire