St.Mungo’s Recovery College is looking for a literacy and numeracy tutor!
St.Mungo’s is one of the largest homeless charities in the UK. We aim to end homelessness and rebuild lives. We work to prevent homelessness and support people at every step of their recovery from homelessness. A huge aspect of this work takes place in our Recovery Colleges.
The Recovery College supports people who have been homeless or are at risk of homelessness to rebuild their lives and fulfil their potential through activities, learning skills, training and sustained employment.
As a Literacy and Numeracy tutor you will be leading English and or Math sessions and drop in activities in English or Math studies. These could be group sessions or on a one to one basis.
Many of our clients have literacy and numeracy support needs and developing these core skills is a crucial aspect of our client’s recovery. This will be a fantastic opportunity to share your passion, enthusiasm and skills with a diverse group of people with lived experience of homelessness. We believe that everyone has strengths and you need to be able to facilitate sessions in a way which is inclusive and empowering.
If you have a teaching qualification and experience, this could be the perfect volunteer role for you!
Other opportunities with St Mungo’s
- Experienced with meditation? Help us run our mindfulness group!
- Qualified yoga instructor wanted to help empower those in need!
- Could you lead our women’s weekly group meetings?
- Artsy? We’re looking for an art group facilitator!
- We’re looking for someone to lead our music lessons!
- Could you help our clients develop digital and IT skills?
- Looking for a creative writing tutor to help empower our clients!
- Provide our clients with a warm welcome!
Read more about St Mungo’s