You can make a difference as a Connect Café Volunteer, working in the new and vibrant café by preparing and serving hot and cold drinks to our customers. Part of the role will be to chat with customers and make them feel welcome in the centre
- Setting up the café area ready for opening and leaving tidy and clean at the end of the session.
- Greeting and serving customers and chatting to them
Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks in the café area using normal equipment e.g. kettle, home-style coffee machine.
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic working environment in café, kitchen and serving areas
- Ensure seating and serving areas are clean and appealing at all times i.e. clearing and cleaning tables, loading and emptying dishwasher, ad hoc washing up, sweeping floors, removing rubbish, cleaning equipment etc.
- Basic maths to enable taking payments and recording takings
- Checking stock levels and making up a list of items required to be passed to Centre Manager
Other opportunities with Catalyst Housing
Read more about Catalyst Housing