Age UK Berkshire, a charity established in 1950 and based in Reading, is looking for Trustees who have skills and knowledge to input into our county wide charity, who can contribute well informed views, constructively challenge and a commitment to best practice.
We expect management skills at a senior level, an understanding of the needs of older people in Berkshire, knowledge of operational delivery.
At the current time we are particularly looking for trustees with specialist expertise in HR, Legal and Health and Social Care.
As AUKB runs a Trading board, trustees sit across both the charity and trading board.
Board members are expected to attend around 5-6 meetings a year, which last 2-3 hours and are currently held in the afternoons.
In addition, trustees act as advisors to staff leads on specific projects related to their areas of special expertise and represent our charity at events and meetings.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Could you lead this county wide charity
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Help support our range of weekly activities for people aged 50+
- Support the group instructor at our weekly Nordic Walking for Health group
- Help with the set-up and welcome at this weekly singing group for over-50s
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
Read more about Age UK Berkshire