We are seeking volunteers to join our team, providing a community cafe.
- setting out cafe and counter before opening (from 8:30 am) and clearing away at the end of the day
- cleaning of tables, floors, equipment, kitchen and toilet areas
- washing-up, by hand or using a dishwasher
- serving at the counter, taking details of orders, taking payment, operating cash register, giving change
- preparing hot drinks
- preparing snacks
- using a microwave and electric grill
- taking food and drink to tables and clearing tables
- training can be given to operate the espresso coffee machine.
No experience needed, but you’ll need to be organised and enjoy meeting people.
Contact person firstname
Marie Barnett , Manager
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
0118 947 5545
Any time. Leave a message if I’m not available.
Location address line 1
St John's Church
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a month
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Will suit someone like this:
Likes team workKeen learnerPrecise and methodicalSociable
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
On the job training
Is support given?
Description of support
from manager and other staff
Are expenses paid?
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
8 April 2016
Read more about Caversham Community Cafe (3Cs)