At Berkshire Women’s Aid (BWA) we provide confidential support, information, outreach services and refuge accommodation for women and their children who are affected by domestic abuse and violence.
We need volunteers to join our team of Crèche Volunteers. Each week, in Reading, we run groups for women recovering from domestic abuse and we provide a crèche to enable women to attend. The groups run on the same day each week in the morning from 10am-1pm.
As a crèche volunteer you will:
• Join in a programme of induction and training with your supervisor
• Engage, inspire & support children through play and other activities.
• Ensure you follow all explained policies and procedures
• Supervise children at all times whilst they are in crèche.
• Provide snacks to children and help with washing up.
• Help with toilet needs & nappy changes.
• Assist with preparing room and clearing up afterwards.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
• Reliable, patient & empathetic
• Friendly ,welcoming and supportive
• Interested in working with children and able to engage with them
• Creative and have an understanding of age-appropriate activities for children.
• Understanding of confidentiality and boundaries
• Happy to undertake any training to help with role
Other opportunities with Berkshire Women’s Aid
Read more about Berkshire Women’s Aid