Every year we see thousands of people from across Reading who are facing all sorts of challenges in their lives – debt, benefits, housing, employment, immigration, relationship etc.
In this role you would be interviewing clients initially, either face to face and over the phone, to ascertain key information.
Then you would either
- provide initial information and advice
- or decide the best next steps for the clients, which may involve them seeing a more experienced adviser in our office or signposting them to a different organisation.
You need to:
- be non judgmental
- have excellent listening skills
- be able to assimilate and analyse information quickly
- enjoy working in a team
- be happy to use websites to research information
- be good at explaining information
- be emotionally robust
You would need to be able to commit to 2 half day sessions or one full day at the same time(s) each week and be able to work with us for at least 18 months. Please note that our staff and volunteers are currently required to work from home whilst the office remains closed. All training and advice work will initially take place online before we resume face to face services later in 2021.
If you are interested we would love to hear from you. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are especially keen to recruit people from minority communities.
Other opportunities with Citizens Advice Reading
Read more about Citizens Advice Reading