Volunteers enhance the service provision and experience for women at Alana House. This volunteer role is key in helping the drop in sessions and the various activities run smoothly and to be the most welcoming, warm and safe place for all women attending.
Tasks will include:
- Preparing the drop-in area ready for us
- answering the door and helping visitors to find where they need to go
- greeting every woman and ensuring they are signed in
- helping professional visitors coming in to provide a variety of services for the service users
- showing visitors around the building
- assisting with form filing and registration forms
- making teas and coffees, washing up and keeping areas clean and tidy
The role will also involve helping Alana House Support Workers with the drop in sessions and any specifically organised activities, eg. arts and crafts sessions, creative writing etc
If you have excellent face to face communication and interpersonal skills with a warm and friendly manner and you are able to remain calm and flexible we would love to hear from you.
Having regard to the nature and context of the work, there is a genuine occupational requirement permitted under the Equality Act 2010 that this post is only available to women.
Find out more about how Alana House is empowering local women HERE
Read more about Parents and Children Together (PACT)