Sitting elegantly in 162 hectares (400 acres) of historic parkland and gardens, Basildon Park is an 18th-century house, purchased by Lord and Lady Iliffe in the 1950s, when it was de-requisitioned after the Second World War.
We are seeking volunteers to help in the continuing development and renewal of the garden/park through:
– planting trees and shrubs
– establishing borders and other garden features
– clearing, pruning and renovating areas
We are also seeking assistance with the general upkeep of the garden/park through:
– tidying-up, dead-heading, weeding, manuring and border upkeep
– caring for trees, shrubs and plants
– propagating and nursery work
– the upkeep of lawns and other grass areas; grass cutting
– maintaining garden machinery and equipment
The site already has an intriguing history and by joining our volunteer team you can help write the next chapter.
Other opportunities with Basildon Park (National Trust)
- Raffle Ticket Sellers needed
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to our visitors
- Enjoy baking-up sweet treats? Join our catering team!
- Share your love of National Trust and Basildon Park with a wide range of people
- Help make our catering outlets a clean, warm and friendly place for our visitors to enjoy
Read more about Basildon Park (National Trust)