Sue Ryder-Duchess of Kent Hospice provides expert palliative care and support for people across Berkshire who are living with life-limiting conditions, as well as supporting their families.
We are seeking volunteers to provide a non-medical service to patients and visitors, ensuring that their experience of Duchess of Kent Hospice is as comfortable as possible. Volunteers will help to ensure that all patients and visitors to Duchess of Kent Hospice are welcomed on arrival and taken, as soon as practicable, to whom they have come in to see.
Tasks will include:
- meeting and greeting visitors and assisting to sign in and out
- greeting visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- showing patients and families around the building
- making refreshments
- talking to patients and their families
- maintaining awareness of the charity’s work to answer general queries.
Volunteers for this role will need excellent communication skills with a friendly and patient manner. Strong organisation skills, the ability to prioritise and to work under own initiative will also be important.
Other opportunities with Sue Ryder-Duchess of Kent Hospice
Read more about Sue Ryder-Duchess of Kent Hospice