Help visitors to our memory cafe feel welcome
Reception / Meet and greet volunteers needed for Grange Memory Cafe in RG30
The Grange Memory Café will provide a warm welcome and comfortable environment for people with dementia and their carers to meet with others in a relaxed social setting.
We are seeking volunteers to assist with a number of tasks to make sure our Café is a welcoming, comfortable and safe place to be, this will include:
- Prepare and set up at the start of the session.
- Arrive before visitors in order to meet and greet users.
- Maintain a register.
- Write and issue name badges.
- Alert other members of staff of visitors arrival.
- Make users aware of the facilities and activities on offer.
- Prepare light refreshments: tea, coffee and cake etc.
- Tidy and clear up at the end of the session.
Location address line 1
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
All of these times
Reception / Meet and greet
Will suit someone like this:
Enjoys variety and changePrefers a specific rolePrefers a regular scheduleLikes team workInventiveGood sense of humourSociableSupportive
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Introduction and basic dementia awareness training.
Description of support
support will be given by other team members and volunteer will not be working alone.
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
16 July 2019
Other opportunities with Grange Memory Cafe