We are looking for volunteers to help visitors fully engage with the objects and activities in the 1950s kitchen, using hands-on and exploring approaches.
- develop and be involved in conversations with visitors about the room and objects within it, guiding them to explore the themes of the room and question what they find
- encourage visitors to interact with the objects and activities and facilitate their participation and enjoyment
- help to maintain the equipment and resources in the room, setting them up and storing them at the start and end of each day
- lead or assist with visitor demonstrations relevant to the function and time period of the room i.e. baking, food preparation, flower arranging, cleaning
- demonstrate the use of some of the equipment and ensure visitors are using items safely and appropriately
- participate in the evaluation of visitors’ experience of using the room and pass on visitor feedback to house staff
- undertake such other appropriate assistance or training in relation to the role as may be reasonably requested by the National Trust manager.
Find out more about volunteering with us, come along to our next Volunteer Recruitment Open Day 9 January 2017
Other opportunities with Basildon Park (National Trust)
Read more about Basildon Park (National Trust)