We are running a series of focus groups to understand more about how loneliness affects people in Reading.
We are interested in hearing from a wide range of people and we understand from research we have carried out that certain situations make it more likely that someone may be affected by loneliness.
Your participation in these focus groups will help us and local voluntary organisations in the community understand more about how to respond to the needs and wishes of people in Reading, and ultimately help to reduce social isolation and loneliness locally.
In order to ensure discussion is focused, please sign up to one that is most relevant to your situation.
- Thursday 11 Jan 11-12:30 Mental health
- Tuesday 16 Jan 2-3:30pm Disability
- Thursday 25 Jan 3-4:30pm Open to all
- Monday 29 Jan 2 – 3:30pm Long term Health conditions
- Thursday 1 Feb 5:30 – 7pm New to Reading
- Tuesday 6 Feb 11 – 12:30 Long term Health conditions
- Friday 9 Feb 11 – 12:30 New to Reading
- Thursday 15 Feb 2 – 3:30pm New to Reading
- Tuesday 20 Feb 10 – 11:30am Disability
- Thursday 22 Feb 2 – 3:30pm Open to all
Participants will receive refreshments (tea, coffee, juice and cake) during the focus group session.
If you know of a particular group in the community that it would be good to hear from together, please do let us know and we will look into arranging an additional focus group. However we cannot guarantee to respond to all suggestions due to capacity.
Tuesday 16 Jan 2-3:30pm Disability
Thursday 25 Jan 3-4:30pm Open to all
Monday 29 Jan 2 - 3:30pm Long term Health conditions
Thursday 1 Feb 5:30 - 7pm New to Reading
Tuesday 6 Feb 11 - 12:30 Long term Health conditions
Friday 9 Feb 11 - 12:30 New to Reading
Thursday 15 Feb 2 - 3:30pm New to Reading
Tuesday 20 Feb 10 - 11:30am Disability
Thursday 22 Feb 2 - 3:30pm Open to all
Other opportunities with Reading Voluntary Action (RVA)
Read more about Reading Voluntary Action (RVA)