Henley-on-Thames Fundraising Group for The Children’s Society are seeking additional volunteers to ensure its continuation. Currently the groups key fundraising activity is to run a successful café, offering light lunches and teas, in Henley during the week of the Henley Regatta.
Whether you are looking for experience to enhance your CV, or want to meet new people and make new friends in your community, this role is for you. This role offers something for everyone because it is so flexible and can be managed around any other interests you may have.
The key activities of the role include supporting the Fundraising Group to raise vital funds to help The Children’s Society to reach more young people who find themselves at crisis point, who desperately need support, but have no where left to turn, by:
– Attending planning meetings a few times a year;
– Helping to identify, organise and deliver fundraising events in your community;
– Promoting events through in your local community and media
– Recruiting helpers for your events;
– Raising the profile of The Children’s Society within your community, and encourage campaign support.
The skills and qualities required to be effective in the role are;
– Great organisational skills
– Proactive and enthusiastic
– Ability to inspire and motivate others
– Good at communicating with a variety of people
– Access to computer equipment and proficient using Microsoft software and the internet is desirable
What we can offer you;
– A fantastic induction to your role and The Children’s Society;
– The knowledge that you will be making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable young people;
– On-going support and guidance from your The Children’s Society staff;
– The chance to meet new people and have fun in your community;
– Inspiring information about the children and young people we help.
Read more about The Children’s Society