Ridgeline Trust is seeking to increase our Board of Trustees in order help grow our services and maintain the smooth running of the Charity, which provides Social and Therapeutic Horticultural Therapy for people with experience of physical or mental disabilities and other special needs. We strongly believe that gardening and meeting people is good for you. We employ qualified Horticultural Therapists and are supported by around 25 volunteers. Details are on our website www.ridgelinetrust.org.uk
We are well established in a beautiful award- winning garden close to the University of Reading with a good reputation locally. We have an all-weather accessible pavilion,opened in 2013 and heated polytunnel and greenhouse . We are seeking to increase the number of our clients for our professional service. This is an exciting time for someone to join our friendly and committed organisation to help us drive forward and realise our plans for the future.
Gardening skills are not required, but we are looking for people who have an interest in our work and would like to be actively involved in the running of our Charity.
The role to the Trustee includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring the aims of the Charity are effectively fulfilled
- Setting and defining goals and values
- Developing strategy and our policies
- Participating in Business Planning and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- Promoting and protecting the interests and reputation of the Charity
- Ensuring that the Charity is run properly and legally
- Ensuring accountability and maintaining proper financial and other controls
- Supporting the operational management of the organisation
Trustees will be expected to attend monthly Board Meetings in our all-weather Pavilion, which is fully wheelchair accessible with adjacent parking. These are normally held on Monday or Wednesday evenings, although we do sometimes hold day time meetings and could do so more often if that would be more convenient.
Trustees keep closely in touch between Board meetings consulting and advising on a wide variety of organisational and operational matters.
Trustees keep in touch between meetings mainly by email from home
Other opportunities with Ridgeline Trust
Read more about Ridgeline Trust