New Beginnings Reading is looking for a Marketing and Social Media Coordinator. Someone with an interest and a passion to spread the word, help us reach a wider audience and boost awareness of the valuable work we do with disadvantaged families and homeless people in Reading.
This person should:
- Have good verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram;
- Be able to work on their own initiative, work with others and independently and have good organisational skills;
- Pay attention to detail;
- Have access to a telephone, computer and email.
The role would involve:
- Building the profile of the charity through various marketing mediums eg local radio and newspapers;
- Developing New Beginnings Reading’s social media presence;
- Keeping our social media information updated, ideally on a daily basis;
- Encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others;
- Increasing the numbers of people following our posts on our own website and social media platforms;
- Promoting New Beginnings Reading’s brand;
- Leaflet and poster creation and identifying new opportunities for leaflet distribution.;
- Writing press releases with a view to obtaining media coverage.
Other opportunities with New Beginnings Reading
Read more about New Beginnings Reading