We are looking for people who will happily give a few hours of their free time to help the homeless and those struggling financially in Reading over the festive period.
Any time any volunteers can donate over this time will be greatly appreciated. Volunteers are needed on:
Wed 20th Dec. (9am – 2:30pm); Free Christmas Lunch, help will involve:
- Help make the hall more festive by setting out tables/chairs/festive tablecloths/napkins/decorations
- giving crackers and offering to help pull them with our users when they enter
- helping to serve plates of Christmas dinner/ dessert/ hot drinks and then going back to ask if they would like anymore
- giving out gifts to our users
- helping to prepare food goodie bags
- giving out food goodie bags
- clear up premises; wiping down tables, cleaning & mopping floors, pack away tables & chairs, washing up, putting out rubbish
- just be willing to help when needed.
Wed 27th Dec. / Wed 3rd Jan (10am – 2pm) Volunteers are needed for Free Lunch Cover, helping by:
- Help wipe down tables & set up tables and chairs
- serve meals/ warm drinks throughout the session and then going and asking if anyone wants more.
- helping to prepare goodie bags
- distribute food goodie bags
- clear up premises; wiping down tables.
Anyone with a Level 2, Food and Hygiene Certificate will be most welcome to support the preparations of meals.
All volunteers must be 18+ years. Our free lunch sessions are for the homeless and those on benefits. Ideally we need volunteers who are aware of Safeguarding for Adults. Sadaka offers lunches without judgement or bias where everyone is treated with respect and all are welcome. We have volunteers from a diversity of backgrounds and everyone is valued.
Other opportunities with Sadaka
Read more about Sadaka