We run a coffee morning called the Pop-In between 10 and 12 every Thursday morning at the Hexagon. The Pop-In is a place where older people can stop on their way to and from the shops for a chat, some company, activities and support.
We are seeking new volunteers to work with the Pop-In co-ordinator and other volunteers to make the morning go smoothly and ensure everyone is having a nice time.
Tasks will include welcoming people, making tea/coffee, collecting money, popping to get milk, helping with activities, supporting clients who need help.
A large part of this role is to give time and attention to new people who come on board so that they feel welcomed and part of the group.
We have recently put a lot of effort into developing a programme of events and themes for our pop in session so you will be encouraged to help with ideas and planning for future programmes.
In short, we need friendly, energetic volunteers to help us develop a fantastic facility for older people to socialise.
Other opportunities with Age UK Reading
- Could you be a befriender to older patients at Royal Berkshire Hospital ?
- Have a huge positive impact on someone’s life by just picking up the phone
- Provide friendship and support to improve the quality of life for older people
- We’re looking for a dynamic and energetic person to join our friendly board of trustees!
- Help us by providing a strategic overview of our finances
- Join our team and help make our clubs comfortable and welcoming places for people to visit
- Put your imagination, creativity and energy to good use
Read more about Age UK Reading