Creative Support work within four Extra Care services in central and west Reading. There is a wide range of adults over 50 years old that live in these services, some requiring support with daily living, mental health, physical disabilities and some need no support at all. There is a great community spirit in these services with many residents socialising every day in the dining room and living rooms.
We run fun and informal activities based on the interests of the residents. Volunteers are vital to running sessions to allow residents to meet different people and to learn new skills.
As a Volunteer Activity Assistant, you will help facilitate the preparation and delivery of activity sessions and workshops for the extra care residents. We are currently looking for people who are interested in helping at one of the following activities. Each activity usually lasts between one and two hours.
Monday afternoons: Indoor bowls at Chimney Court.
Tuesday morning: Quiz and musical bingo at Cornerstones.
Tuesday morning: Coffee morning at Cedar Court.
Tuesday afternoon: Comedy film club at Chimney Court.
Wednesday afternoon: Quiz and musical bingo at Cedar Court.
Wednesday afternoon: Crafts and Colouring at Oak Tree House.
We are seeking people with an organised and proactive approach who will be able to develop trusting relationships with residents. You will play a crucial role in enabling residents to have a varied weekly schedule and improved wellbeing.
Each activity will be run in close partnership with the activities and development officer and usually will include making tea and coffee for the participants.
Other opportunities with Creative Support
- Share your love and knowledge of gardening while giving back to the local community
- Take a look at this rewarding opportunity for you to be directly involved in enhancing the well being of our community
- Creative helpers needed for this arts group for older people
- Help others explore new experiences in this fantastic, rewarding and varied role
- Help facilitate this intergenerational group and help foster a greater sense of inclusion
- Do you want an active role in the community?
- Could you help our residents take part in a varied schedule of fun and stimulating activities?
Read more about Creative Support