We are looking for volunteers to help us run pop up community cafe events in Dee Park. You will welcome our customers, serve them with refreshments and then chat to them.
You must love to meet new people and be a good listener. You will work with a wide range of people and will work across different venues.
The main aim of this role is to build relationships with our customers and
– Setting up the café area ready for opening and leaving tidy and clean at the end of a session.
– Greeting and serving customers in a pleasant and courteous manner.
– Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks in the café area using normal equipment e.g. kettle, home-style coffee machine.
– Serving cold snacks/light lunches
– Maintaining a clean and hygienic working environment in café, kitchen and serving areas
– Ensures seating and serving areas are immaculate and appealing at all times i.e. clearing and cleaning tables, loading and emptying dishwasher, ad hoc washing up, sweeping floors, removing rubbish, cleaning equipment etc.
– To adhere to policies and procedures at all times especially with regard to safeguarding vulnerable people.
– To attend induction and training sessions delivered by CHL or another approved provider.
– Professional attitude and appearance
– Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issue arise ( can-do attitude)
– Excellent attention to cleanliness
– Ability to work on own or as part of a team
– Ability to prioritise and multi-task
– Be empathetic, caring, patient, reliable and respectful.
– Being approachable, mindful, non- judgemental and have a great sense of humour.
Other opportunities with Catalyst Housing
Read more about Catalyst Housing