We are looking for people to run our new Community Fridge.
The Community Fridge offers free food to the community. It will be open to the community for an hour from 12.30pm to 1.30pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
The role will involve:
- taking and recording fridge temperature
- displaying non chilled food
- supervising members of the public taking food
- disposing of left over food
- cleaning fridges
- locking up
Contact person firstname
Grace Gomez , Chairperson
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
Location address line 1
The Queens Arms
24 Great Knollys Street
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
All of these times
Additional timing details
Wednesday and/or Fridays from 12 noon to 1.30 pm
Shop work / Retail
Will suit someone like this:
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
On the job training
Is support given?
Description of support
As and when needed
Are expenses paid?
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
18 December 2018
Other opportunities with New Beginnings Reading
- Join our After School Cafe team!
- Take a look at this varied role supporting a new After School Group
- Could you help prepare breakfast for guests of our all night cafe for the homeless?
- Help welcome guests to our all night cafe for the homeless
- Could you spare a few hours late evening to provide a wholesome meal to Reading’s homeless?
Read more about New Beginnings Reading