Age UK Berkshire offers an online shopping service for clients who are unable to do their own shopping. This can be a lifeline for older and disabled people who have difficulty leaving the house, live in areas where shops are not easily accessible, or are unable to use the internet.
Once they are registered for the service, clients are telephoned on a regular basis (weekly, fortnightly or monthly). Their shopping order is placed online with the supermarket of their choice and a delivery day and time is scheduled. Volunteers need to be prepared to advise clients about special offers and alternatives if a chosen product is not available.
You will need:
– Excellent telephone manner with the ability to speak clearly and listen carefully.
– A kind, caring and friendly approach showing empathy and patience with older people.
– Basic Windows computer skills. Familiarity with spreadsheets would be an advantage.
This role is based at Age UK Berkshire’s office in Reading. It is on the 2nd floor with no disabled access, so the role is not suitable for anyone with mobility problems.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
- Provide a warm welcome to members of our singing group
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Could you help an older person manage their financial affairs?
- Green fingered? Sociable and caring? This could be the role for you!
- Help us enable older people to make active, informed choices about their lives
Read more about Age UK Berkshire