Help us provide our visitors with a warm and efficient welcome
Reception / Meet and greet volunteers needed for Reading Voluntary Action (RVA) in RG1
The Hub on the top floor of Reading Central Library promises to be a lively place, with RVA and several partner organisations based there. We are seeking volunteers to help support the work of Reading Voluntary Action’s reception and advice team, and anticipate that the first volunteers will start in early April 2019.
Duties for this role will include:
- providing a warm welcome for our visitors
- introducing visitors to The Hub partner organisations and directing them to meetings and events in The Hub
- providing basic front-line advice to visitors such as giving them appropriate leaflets
- answering incoming calls in a professional manner, taking and forwarding messages to staff members promptly
- keeping the reception area tidy and presentable at all times
- setting up meeting rooms for events and organising refreshments
- occasional administration tasks as time permits
- other tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of our office.
Location address line 1
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Mon AMMon PMTue AMTue PMWed AMWed PMThu AMThu PMFri AMFri PM
Any of these times
Volunteers are asked to work a regular 3-hour morning or afternoon session if possible, day and time to be agreed.
Reception / Meet and greet
Will suit someone like this:
Enjoys variety and changeSelf organised/motivatedKeen learnerGood sense of humourSociable
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Informal induction and on-the-job training given.
Description of support
From RVA staff.
Description of expenses
Travel by public transport may be reimbursed.
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Other opportunities with Reading Voluntary Action (RVA)