Reading Bicycle Kitchen is a community project that provides a space where cyclists can use workstands & tools, along with support from experienced mechanics to help them do everything on their bike from simple maintenance to a complete rebuild. Now running for over 3 years, RBK has helped individuals repair hundreds of bikes and also successfully recycled numerous donations
Now entering an exciting phase in developing new premises and re-launching services, we are looking for new Directors to help shape the future direction and run the business. In particular we have an opening for someone to perform Treasurer type activities – the individual would be welcomed as a Director, but this is not mandatory.
The tasks required encompass:
- ensuring invoices and payments are recorded on the google drive (via spreadsheet)
- ensuring a copy of electronic invoices are saved on the google drive
- chasing unpaid invoices
- downloading monthly bank statements of transactions to keep for year end
- checking receipts and paper invoices have been filed appropriately
- Producing year end accounts (with the help of an accountant if needed); To be filed by the directors
- Producing year end corporation tax figure (with the help of an accountant if needed); To be filed by the directors
Any person on the board of directors or any volunteers handling payments have responsibility for actually keeping receipts and paper invoices and putting them in the file provided. The treasurer is expected to check them at intervals.
Slightly busier at financial year end and ahead of AGM.
Weekly volunteers meeting (Tues 6.30pm) is optional.
Read more about Reading Bicycle Kitchen (RBK)