Our aim is to enable older people to make active, informed choices about their lives.
Our Information & Advice service provides information and advice to older people, their families and carers on matters such as welfare benefits, health and social care, housing, and local services including wellbeing and leisure facilities.
– Listening to and understanding clients
– Responding to requests for support by phone, post, email or in person
– Liaising with other agencies regarding customer issues
You will need:
– Excellent listening and communication skills
– Good standard of literacy and numeracy
– Good IT skills, especially use of the internet
– The ability to work confidently on your own initiative and know when to seek help and support
No previous experience is required, but a willingness to learn and to participate in training is important. Experience in a similar role and knowledge of the benefits system would be an advantage, but is not essential as you will be supported by experienced team members.
You should be available for at least one 2-3 hour session per week during office hours; actual days and times can be negotiated. You will need to attend an induction and you will also receive comprehensive training in essential skills.
Other opportunities with Age UK Berkshire
Read more about Age UK Berkshire