A Mobility Aids Spoke Driver will deliver wheelchairs to local beneficiaries. This key role will enable people to return home after an illness or surgery and help them to remain independent or go on a holiday or trip with friends or family. It will involve driving a Red Cross vehicle.
Typical tasks include
> Delivering and collecting wheelchairs.
> Demonstrating how to use and look after our wheelchairs.
> Giving information about other Red Cross services where appropriate.
> Completing delivery paperwork.
> Receiving and recording donations.
What we are looking for
> Is willing to uphold the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and adhere to the Society’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
> Is willing to act in accordance with our values and behaviours framework.
> Is willing to attend induction and appropriate training.
> Has a full driving licence (for at least 2 years)
> Is willing to use our IT systems and has basic IT skills.
> Enjoys meeting people and helping them to remain independent.
> Has good communication skills.
> Is fit and active and able to lift and carry wheelchairs.
Other opportunities with British Red Cross – Thames Valley Area
- Could you help provide practical and emotional support in a crises? Become an Emergency Response volunteer
- Help us to enable people to live as independently as they can at home
- Help people to remain independent by becoming a Mobility Aids volunteer
- Become a Community Connector and help tackle loneliness and social isolation
- Make a real difference to the lives of refugees and asylum seekers!
Read more about British Red Cross – Thames Valley Area