We are looking for volunteers to work with girls and boys, aged 6 to 14, in a friendly scout group.
As a volunteer you will:
- assist in the running of games as part of weekly section meetings and other section events
- help young people achieve badges and awards
- assist in the activities as part of weekly section meetings and other section events
- assist the section with taking part in a varied, exciting and safe programme of activities
- assist with residential experiences for a section
No previous experience is necessary.
Contact person firstname
Barry Johnson , Group Scout Leader/Line Manager
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
Anytime / Any day
Location address line 1
The Scout Hut
500 Basingstoke Road
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Leading group activities
Will suit someone like this:
Enjoys variety and changeLikes team workKeen learnerGood sense of humourSociableCreativeWants to get out and aboutPhysically fit
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
Training as relevant to the role
Is support given?
Description of support
Support and guidance from the group
Are expenses paid?
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Other opportunities with 47th Reading (St Paul’s) Scout Group
Read more about 47th Reading (St Paul’s) Scout Group