Help support our minibus driver
Transport / Driving volunteers needed for Thrive in RG7
We need volunteers to support our minibus driver when collecting and taking home our clients from various locations across North Hampshire.
The tasks include:
- Supervising clients boarding and disembarking the bus (no lifting required)
- ensuring seat belts worn by all passengers
- ensuring baggage is secured before journeys commence
- general supervision of clients whilst travelling
- becoming familiar with routes to assist the driver
- assisting the driver and passengers in the event of an emergency
Please note that this is not a driving role. The role will be shared between a pool of volunteers.
Location address line 1
The Geoffrey Udall Centre
Travelling across North Hampshire
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Additional timing details
From 8am -10am
Transport / Driving
Will suit someone like this:
Prefers a specific rolePrefers a regular scheduleGood sense of humourSociablePatientSupportiveWants to get out and aboutPhysically fit
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Induction and on the job training
Description of support
Team meeetings and support from staff
Description of expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
16 January 2019