We are the nation’s heart charity and the largest independent funder of cardiovascular research. Coronary heart disease is the UK’s single biggest killer but we are leading the fight against it.
You can help our work and be part of the fight by becoming a volunteer Fundraising Group Member .
What will I be doing?
Responsibility of a Fundraising Group Member:
- Support your local group in organising and running fundraising events.
- Build strong relationships with all group members and actively recruit new members.
- Represent the charity in your community, acting as the face of the BHF.
- Ensure group activities comply with relevant law and BHF policy.
- Work alongside your local Fundraising Manager.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Interpersonal skills and team-work.
- Enthusiasm to support the organisation and running of fundraising events.
- Confidence and willing to act as the face of the BHF in your local community.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- Reliability and flexibility.
- A commitment to the BHF’s values.
In addition to this meeting you would be asked to support the events which could be as regular as the group make and that you are available. I would suggest one event every other month.
Other opportunities with British Heart Foundation
Read more about British Heart Foundation